In order to fully use this site correctly, I would suggest using the links under the sidebar titled "Navigation." Within those links you will find links to all of my posts and they are organized by a category, then within that, each story or idea, then the order I intend them to be read in. So go check those out so that there is less of a chance for confusion! Thanks!
~Katelyn

Monday, March 8, 2010

To Please

I love this one. It's spunky and fierce in a way. Very scary almost, well when you're talking about the main character...her power is really terrifying.
Anyways. This was another one that came to me as a dream. :) I really do love it when that happens. It was too cool to deny. It's a very complicated world and I'd probably confuse you if I tried to explain it. I'm still confused myself.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had come here during the summer as a girl, but never in this way, I had not seen this side of it or through these eyes. At this moment my eyes were closed, their use was unnecessary. I already knew everything I needed.

They waited for me as I paced back and forth, not missing a stride, not making a sound. Their hearts fluttered as their sweat flowed over their flesh in the white sun, cooling under the dry wind passing around us.

I paused facing forward and several hearts missed a beat breaking the rhythm. I exhaled through my nose then inhaled deeply and I could taste her.

She was there at the front of her lines with a relatively tight guard around her. All thickly coated with fear, especially her.

She wasn't the purpose of this mission, but I wouldn't mind if I killed her in the process. No, she wasn't my target in this battle, but who was, was the most afraid. I pinpointed their heart beating like the wings of a humming bird, and then I was ready.

Head bent and a smile across my lips, I raised my blade and cocked my gun. I opened my eyes and lay them on my enemy. Even from this distance I could see the fear in her eyes. My mouth opened slightly and everything slowed for a moment, everyone’s clothes billowing in slow motion. I did not falter my gaze.

I gave my command, my voice barely above a whisper, “Go.”

Then it began.

My soldiers, his army, rushed forward with a battle cry. They could match a little over half my speed, so I stayed back for a few moments as the two armies barreled down the clearing. I watched them clash with a roar, my soldiers well over the halfway point.

Their job was to make an opening for me to get to the target; I was the only one who could execute the mission. It mattered little if there was an opening before I decided to act. Needless killing was not an activity I supported, but if they were not able to give me a way in the next few moments, the deaths of those in my way would no longer be needless.

I found my target's heart again, beating faster now, cold metal in her hand.

It was then that I caught a glimpse of her through the clashing bodies.

She knelt on the ground, dressed in pink, guarded by only two men, a handgun in her lap.

I no longer had a choice!

I bared my fangs and flew forward, the first person I came across being their leader. Though she could never be as fast or strong as I was, she was able to see me, and stared me down as I came toward her. I slowed as I passed her so she could hear my thought: I do not have time to waste on you.

The insult was clear on her face, twisting in anger as she turned her head, our gazes still locked.

I broke it, slashing out at a female soldier who dared to raise their weapon to me. I did not hear her cry as she fell to the ground coming face to face with death. There was no need for me to hear when I could see and feel every living thing within a hundred miles.

The rest did not know what hit them after I regained full speed, swinging my sword at my right, firing with my left.

I reached the target taking down one of the two men around her by a swift shot to the head.

Many of my comrades lay around her, they had been trying to create a perimeter and all fell to these two men and now only one remained.

I turned my eyes on him letting the full power of my stare fall over and into him. I knew he was taken aback alone by the near white color of my eyes, with a small hint of blue remaining, my slitted pupils did not assist in his comfort either, but it was the power behind them that caused him to back away.  

I turned back to my target to find the barrel of the hand gun placed on the roof of her mouth by her own hand.

I tore it out of her grasp possibly injuring her hand in the process, but it was necessary.

Tears streamed down her face, and I allowed myself to hear just as she spoke.

“No one else is going to die because of me.”

“Ms. Talon, many already have, so do not go taking your own needlessly and making their sacrifices pointless.” I was in no way gentle with my words.

She broke down as she knelt on the ground surrounded by blood shed. I looked at her in her suit and skirt, an important asset to him.

She was not a part of this kind of world, so I sympathized her terror.

She had been kidnapped by this army to try and wound us financially and now they were paying for their mistake, but the mission was complete, the target obtained, so there was no longer need for this.

I called out to my second with my thoughts.

My Lady? He answered.

Another day. I ordered raising Ms. Talon to her feet handing her over to two soldiers who had come to assist me and we retreated.

“Fight me!” the leader hollered at me as I left the battle field never getting close enough for me to strike her, but I halted my hearing, ignoring her, and swiftly continuing on my way.

Ms. Talon would be returned to her rightful place.  

My hair remained up in a ponytail, but with a rose added to it. I had changed out of my war garb and into an almost formal dress that clung and flowed around me. My eyes had returned to their human state of bright blue. To some it was not much different from my non-human ones, but it was enough of a difference to me to not display them here.

A sentry led me through the many doors toward the audience hall.

Now that I had returned to my human state, the high of battle and the blood lust disappeared, and the memories were recalled of how my life had not always been this way.

I was once completely human, young and drunk on first love. So that was why when the one I loved had been gone for some time and then came into my house in the middle of the night and woke me with a kiss, I didn’t question it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment