In order to fully use this site correctly, I would suggest using the links under the sidebar titled "Navigation." Within those links you will find links to all of my posts and they are organized by a category, then within that, each story or idea, then the order I intend them to be read in. So go check those out so that there is less of a chance for confusion! Thanks!
~Katelyn

Monday, March 8, 2010

Ode to My Lonely Sock in the Laundry Basket

I know that this is not true to the Ode form, but I thought it was funny. Just a thing for amusement.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear sock,

White top

and only slightly soiled bottom,

I found you under my bed

 whilst I was vacuuming.

Your brothers were already in the wash

and much past the point for you to join them.

So now you sit in the basket

by yourself

and I pity you in your loneliness.

I'll be a good parent

and give you some company tomorrow.

3 comments:

Ink_Stained said...

Haha I read this and thought of Pablo Neruda's famous, "Ode To My Socks" poem.

Still, I must say, the character in this one is far more innocent and sweet. Brava Katie, Brava!!


InkChild

Katelyn said...

XD It was really random. I think I was sick or something. That poor sock.

Ink_Stained said...

lol, aww

Post a Comment