In order to fully use this site correctly, I would suggest using the links under the sidebar titled "Navigation." Within those links you will find links to all of my posts and they are organized by a category, then within that, each story or idea, then the order I intend them to be read in. So go check those out so that there is less of a chance for confusion! Thanks!
~Katelyn

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sight-Overwhelming Darkness

The post "Sight Idea" was what later inspired another story. It is one of my favorites that I have come up with so far. This is the first bit that I came up with for this story. The others you can find on my Ideas page under the title Sight. Playlist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wrapped my arms around my waist, biting my lip and closing my eyes tightly. I didn’t want to see anymore. I felt infected, possessed. I had to hold myself in or keep them out before I lost control. It seemed like everything was closing in on me and I had no power to send the prowling demons away. I knew they had followed me home and were making efforts to enter me. They were trying so hard and I fought against them all silently in the dark.

Tears flew from my eyes as they shot open. The sound of my phone ringing had broken through the despair momentarily. I sniffled as I reached down and found my bag digging my phone out of it. Jake was calling.

I let myself take a deep breath and began to shake once I did.

“Hello.” I flinched when my voice cracked.

 “Where’d you go?” he asked somewhat harshly.

“Home.” I moaned. The air was starting to get heavier again as the images flashed in my head.

“Are you okay?” The worry was now evident in his voice.

“I-I don’t know.” I admitted and I slowly lowered myself to my side curling up into a ball again.

“Should I come over?” He seemed unsure and I could just imagine how his eyebrows were probably furrowed together at that very moment.

I bit my lip accepting that I couldn’t do this alone. That I was weak.

I began to cry again. “Please.” I begged.

“Alright…” he sighed softly. “Should I get-“

“No.” I interrupted. Gabriel didn’t need to be in this too. “But hurry.”

“I’m coming.” He said. I could hear his car starting in the background.

He didn’t hang up like I had expected him to. He knew without me having to tell him that left alone now, I might not make it.

I concentrated on the sound of his purring engine and breathed slowly and for a while we sat in silence.

“Jake.” I whispered. “Why…” I began.

It was his turn to interrupt me now.

“Because even angels fall.”

I whimpered burying my face into the covers.

“I know, honey. I’m here.”

His voice was suddenly a lot closer and light drifted into the room.

He crossed the room carefully, getting on his knees in front of me at the end of the bed.

I watched his face once it was at my eye level. It was solemn, his eyes pained as he looked me over. I could only imagine how awful I must have looked. He moved my hair that was sticking to my forehead. I stared at him pleadingly. He said nothing picking me up from where I cowered and sat himself where I had been, setting me into his chest and wrapping his arms around me protectively but tenderly.

I could hear his heart. Its rhythm accelerating, but still steady. He was concentrating and I closed my eyes searching for the light I knew was coming to rescue me.

It was like a spark. Just a small glimmer of warmth and it was enough.

My eyes opened then and they were illuminated, glowing. I knew the way they now looked: White and brilliant, no iris, no pupil. Giving me the sight that only I could posses and due to the arms wrapped around me, Jacob could too.

Though we temporarily shared this ability, Jacob's eyes remained normal, human. He appraised the room around us moving only his eyes, his expression forelorn, threatening. I turned my head out of his chest and stared at my attackers.

The room was filled with them, demons squeezing into every available space. Heads only partially through the walls or hanging from the ceiling to watch, to witness.

Five black-eyed figures stood directly before us, the rest consisted of the red and yellow-eyed ones. Most of the hunters wore sinister grins, but one, the one in the center, mirrored Jacob's expression. I knew he was the leader, serious as he was. He did not look at me, he stared at Jacob challenging him. I was the prize and he was the protector.

The others fiddled around excitedly. To them I was just a hound dog, a slave and they knew nothing of Jacob. The leader could see who he was and knew the danger. He was being careful, especially since he was not sure of what to do. He had no idea of what action to take, but Jacob did.

His body tensed, his embrace tightening, but he remained calm. His eyes made one last sweep of the room concentrating again on the leader once finished.

I watched his mouth as he spoke.

"Get" the small ember began to grow, consuming and soothing me. "out."

The flame roared and exploded engulfing the room and everything in it in a blinding white light. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Ink_Stained said...

Ok I just started reading the sight stories today, and I find them brilliant. But I'm a little confused. I read sight beginning, and then gabriel(sp) but where do jacob and the other sight(overwhelming darkess) fit in?


InkChild

Katelyn said...

How you read them is in chronological order, but they don't go immediately after one another. This is often how I write, in pieces. Or how a scene comes to me no matter where it goes in the end. So there are gaps between all entries. Sorry it was confusing.

Anonymous said...

Ok I have been reading but i dk what i did and i think i moved backwards lol. but i think its great!!!! -Irma

Post a Comment