In order to fully use this site correctly, I would suggest using the links under the sidebar titled "Navigation." Within those links you will find links to all of my posts and they are organized by a category, then within that, each story or idea, then the order I intend them to be read in. So go check those out so that there is less of a chance for confusion! Thanks!
~Katelyn

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Luke

Another random idea.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I...”

He shuffled around on his toes nervously.

“Luke-What're you-” I questioned as he continued to practically pace.

“I...” he said again.

He then stopped suddenly looking me straight in the eyes. He took a deep breath then grabbed me and kissed me.

----------
Something shifted in the trees and I froze myself in place listening further, but afraid to hear what was out there. I didn't hear the sound again and began to calm down when I sensed something behind me. Hot air blew over my elbow. I knew that whatever was behind me had to be an animal, a bear maybe. The worst thing I could do would be to turn around and look it in the eyes or run away from it. So, I decided to walk away slowly.

I took a step forward and air blew around me and suddenly I was face to face with the animal. Its head was lowered to my level, its long muzzle inches from my face, and it was covered from head to tail in fur that was a mix of grays and light browns. I was in the presence of a giant wolf.

I gasped. I couldn't help myself; who could after being stunned like I was.

It watched me as I appraised the wonder of its existence with nearly honey-brown eyes. How could this creature have the same eyes as Luke? It didn't look menacing either, but soft maybe even concerned.

Before I had a chance to react, the wolf reached out, gently brushing the side of its muzzle from my jaw to hairline. It pulled back again burying me in its worried eyes. I blinked, no longer frozen, no longer feeling afraid. It must have seen the calm in my eyes because it then moved forward putting the end of its nose under my hand and raising it slowly.

“Luke?” I barely whispered.

He wagged his tail in confirmation.

I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck, rubbing my face in his fur.

“I'm so sorry.” I wailed. “Luke, I'm so sorry.”

Luke rubbed my back with his head trying to soothe me.

Everything strange that he had done made so much sense now and I felt so much at fault for not understanding. I expected him to say that it wasn't, but it was. I had been so blind to what he must have been going through. I owed him so much.

The price I knew I had to pay somehow overwhelmed me and I began to sink to my knees.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
And this idea continues! --->

0 comments:

Post a Comment