In order to fully use this site correctly, I would suggest using the links under the sidebar titled "Navigation." Within those links you will find links to all of my posts and they are organized by a category, then within that, each story or idea, then the order I intend them to be read in. So go check those out so that there is less of a chance for confusion! Thanks!
~Katelyn

Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Service

Notes I took for an idea and so forth.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-“The Service”

-“The Enemy”

-Lies about age

-Almost chosen off the streets

-Erased from existence…or want to be.

-Old partner had to be killed was enemy spy.

-Guy friend or foe? Undercover?

-“I’ll come back for you.”

-“The Enemy” can’t know age…could do things to her.

-No one knows “The Enemy” who they are or that they are even there….

-Organization within a nation…All kept from the rest of the country.

-Youth disappear/fall prey.

-Go in pairs…only one of the pair knows the true mission and destination, all other information. Other does what they are told. Can only trust each other…or can they?

-Only partner knows her age…but chose her anyway…didn’t tell rest of team/organization/whatever.

-Usually pairs of the same gender…but higher rank got to choose…or no one else was capable.

-Special mission. “Behind enemy lines” “Into the Lions den.”

-Don’t know about it until it happens to you.

-Tells past…about other partner…afraid and longing.

-Become close…more than partners…maybe more than friends.

-Only those that realize people have gone missing…weren’t affected by them being erased from existence by the enemy now working for them. They erase their memory too…or dispose of them if they’re a threat.

-“…both eyes open…Once you pull the trigger there’s no turning back!”
------------------
I got this idea a few years back and didn’t do much more than think about it and even that was brief. It would have been more serious than some of my other ones and very technical.

This was a world where there were odd things going on within the government. Two sides, one trying to accomplish some unknown “evil” while the other tries to stop it. It goes on for years and years. Youth continue to disappear, but the public doesn’t notice since the individual is in essence erased from existence and therefore forgotten. There are only a few who notice the change and the main character is one of them.

This nameless character is female about sixteen years old when she finds herself deep within the government’s secrets. They bring her in to train her to become one of their soldiers to fight this enemy. Normally they wouldn’t take anyone so young, but she was specially chosen by a young man around the ages of 18-20, and he is the only one who knows her age.

She trains and is ready to do her job, but her partner is very mysterious. Rumors of a past partnership gone wrong bother her and while they are on a big mission she finally asks about it. He tells her that yes, he had another female partner (which is odd) and that she betrayed them and he had to kill her. It obviously bothers him. They start to become close.

In their mission they have to get into the enemy’s fortress and try to find out what’s going on. The girl ends up captured and in order to get the job done, the partner leaves her, but promises to come back. She waits and waits for who knows how long and he still doesn’t come. She is tortured and ill and her guard is the old partner that was supposed to be dead.

She now has to question her partner in his loyalty etc.

She somehow escapes on her own and finds her partner with his old partner and the old partner is saying that she was actually being a spy for their group. She doesn’t believe her and tries to kill her.

That’s as far as I got… I only ever wrote out what would have been an opening scene. She is just waking up in her cell after being captured. She would have told the story up to that point through flashbacks and it would have gone back and forth between the present and the past. Here’s the snippet:
------------
The sound of dripping water woke me from my stupor. The descending liquid continued to flow behind me and 1.83 meters to my left. This was the south end of the fortress and the farthest corner to the west. It must be raining outside.

I smelled the air, expecting to be filled with the refreshing aroma of rain, but I held my breath once I caught the smell of mold.

I wanted to cover my mouth and nose until the scent left my system. The shackles on my wrists chaining me to the ceiling prevented me from blocking the putrid smell. Still, I made an attempt to wiggle out of the chains, pulling myself upwards towards the ceiling, meanwhile pushing my wrists down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment