In order to fully use this site correctly, I would suggest using the links under the sidebar titled "Navigation." Within those links you will find links to all of my posts and they are organized by a category, then within that, each story or idea, then the order I intend them to be read in. So go check those out so that there is less of a chance for confusion! Thanks!
~Katelyn

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Weight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t think
That I don’t know you
That I don’t
Understand you
Even though you never
Once
Opened up to me.
And I do
Love you
I probably will
For several years still
Because it’s not
Something I can just turn off.
Even if
Who I loved
Wasn’t who you were
At the time.
Even so
I don’t like you
And I sure as hell
Don’t trust you.
It’s odd
But I get a little comfort
Knowing
With reasonable
Surety
That you don’t like yourself either.
You may not admit it to yourself
Not yet
But I think
They day you realize it
Will be the day
That you wake up
In that hole
That you’re putting yourself in
With no way out.
You surround yourself
With all of these things
Alcohol
Cigarettes
Darkness
Heavy metal
Piercings
Tattoos
Sex
Driving off cliffs
To weigh yourself down
Because you feel like
Nothing else will.
But that’s your mistake
It’s not things in life that hold us
To the ground and give us something to
Grasp
It’s the people
We surround ourselves
With
It’s the love
They give.
But we have to be willing to take it.
Not only that,
We have to respect it
Return it
In kind.
Only if it’s real.
I think
Maybe
That’s why
You’re afraid of me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment