In order to fully use this site correctly, I would suggest using the links under the sidebar titled "Navigation." Within those links you will find links to all of my posts and they are organized by a category, then within that, each story or idea, then the order I intend them to be read in. So go check those out so that there is less of a chance for confusion! Thanks!
~Katelyn

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pause

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pause.
I think we need to paint
A little picture
Of who I was then
Which wasn’t much of anyone
Really
Trust me.
I know some good friend
Will defend me and tell me how
Wonderful
Colorful I was
Maybe I was
Sometimes
But really
I was silent
A follower
And I had no problems with that
I was hiding from the world anyway
Behind my
Black sweater
Long
Thick
And Pervasive
Hair.
Jeans
And sneakers
That’s how I looked
Every day
No one probably knew the color of my eyes
Light
Pure
Blue
Because I never
And I mean
Never
Looked at anyone.
I saw you
I knew who you were
But eye contact?
You couldn’t have paid me.
I never spoke up in class either
So I can easily say
That people knew
Who I was
But probably couldn’t tell you
My name
Or anything about me
 Because they didn’t know.
Nor did they care to
I could have cared less myself
Though
I never thought of it that way
They just weren’t important
Compared to my friends
And to him
They were the only ones that needed
To know a thing
So my makeup
Hair
And clothes
Didn’t matter.
Probably the
Best part
was
My naivety.
It was really
Bad.
 If it wasn’t otherwise
Obvious
I believed every word
Every single one
That you said.
I should have known
I didn’t
know any better.
I should have
I couldn’t have.
I wouldn’t have
Wanted to
Either.
I should have
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment